AEP's vision is to move away from hard-copy and manually transmitted purchase orders and invoices to:
- Improve processes
- Pay our suppliers faster and
- Lessen our impact on the environment
The Ariba Network is AEP's preferred eInvoicing method for sending purchase orders and receiving PO invoices. The Ariba Network is the world's largest trading partner community, home to more than 730,000 companies, including more than half of the Fortune 500. Ariba provides fast transmission, tracking and processing of orders and invoices.
eInvoicing offers suppliers many benefits:
- Improve Flexibility: Receive POs in a format that best supports your internal systems and processes including fax, email, EDI, cXML, and web portal.
- Reduce Costs: Eliminate costs associated with postage, printing, paper, mailroom handling etc.
- Decrease Order to Cash Cycle: Receive payment quicker by allowing validation of invoices on the Ariba Network to identify discrepancies that could have held up payment in the past.
- Gain Real-time Visibility: Online access to invoice status and payment detail using open connectivity options that link you systems in to Ariba's Network.
- Accelerate Business Growth: Grow your business by leveraging Ariba's online buyer community to identify other Ariba ready customers. Where appropriate, suppliers on the network will be given weighted consideration during a bid process.
- Accelerated Payment Options: Suppliers participating in eInvoicing will have the option to enroll in our Accelerated Payment Program with options to expedite payment.
Send inquiries about eInvoicing to: email@example.com
Read more about AEP's eInvoicing program.