Our commitment has always gone beyond providing reliable power safely. We strive to give back to the communities we serve in meaningful ways, every day.
In 2021, we presented AEP Foundation grants of nearly $1.5 million to support more than 200 causes across our service territory. From funding organizations and programs that improve education, feed the hungry and shelter the homeless to caring for the environment and growing our communities, we’re focused on helping to make tangible change.
This past year, we put our words into meaningful action to propel diversity and inclusion through the AEP Foundation’s Delivering on the Dream grants. With the Foundation’s five year, $5 million commitment to promote equity for customers and neighbors of color, grants were awarded to the YWCA Columbus, Zora’s House, Catholic Social Services and Community Legal Aid in northeast Ohio.
I had the opportunity to see firsthand the work Catholic Social Services is doing at Our Lady of Guadalupe Center in Columbus as food boxes were packed and readied for some of the more than 3,000 members they serve. The AEP Foundation grant will help grow their community services, such as English as a second language, preventative health screenings, legal and immigration services.
Throughout our service territory, our employees work hard to make a positive difference in our communities. For example:
- In St. Clairsville, we contributed to the construction of a new burn training facility that will facilitate training for about 50 fire programs in three states.
- In southern Ohio, our donation to Growing Lucasville Opportunities will help build a park in the community that includes an amphitheater, walking track, picnic facilities and a playground for families to enjoy.
- We worked alongside Starfish Assignment Columbus and partnered with the Columbus Division of Police to distribute more than 400 coats to kids in need.
- We put our work gloves on to mulch, paint and spruce up the Canton Lincoln Highway station.
- And in Athens, we raised money to provide and deliver Thanksgiving meals to families experiencing food insecurity.
Be assured we’ll continue to work every day, in new ways, to light the way for a brighter tomorrow.
President and Chief Operating Officer
Organizations supported by AEP Ohio and/or the American Electric Power Foundation in 2021
- A Special Wish Foundation Ohio Valley Chapter
- Ada Exempted Village Schools
- Adaptive Sports Connection
- Ashland University
- Belmont College Foundation
- Big Walnut High School
- Bigelow Hill Intermediate
- Buckeye Career Center
- Buckeye Career Center Foundation, Inc.
- Buckeye Ridge Habitat for Humanity, Inc.
- Northridge Primary School
- Ohio Alliance to End Sexual Violence
- Ohio Dominican University
- Ohio Northern University
- Ohio State University Foundation
- Ohio University Foundation
- One Columbus Foundation
- Ottawa Volunteer Fire Department Association, Inc.
- Pioneer School
- Prevent Blindness Ohio
- Classic for Columbus
- Claymont Intermediate School
- Columbus Kappa Foundation
- Columbus Running Charity Fund
- Columbus School for Girls
- Columbus Symphony Orchestra, Inc.
- Columbus Zoo and Aquarium
- Coshocton Elementary School
- Debbie Green Memorial
- Delaware County Foundation
- Delta Foundation of Greater Columbus
- Dublin City Schools
- Dublin Robotics Boosters
- East Franklin Elementary
- Educational Robotics of Central Ohio
- Environmental Federation of Oklahoma
- Equitas Health
- Etna Elementary
- Faces of Resilience
- FIRST Alumni & Robotics at Ohio State
- Foundation for Appalachian Ohio
- Gahanna-Jefferson Education Foundation
- Growing Lucasville Opportunities, Inc.
- Hannah Crawford Elementary
- Heidelberg University
- Heritage Middle School
- IMPACT Community Action
- Indian Valley High School
- Innis Elementary
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Columbus Section
- Johnstown Middle School
- Liberty Community Center
- Liberty-Benton High School
- Marietta College
- Maysville Elementary
- Nationwide Children's Hospital Foundation
- New Albany Community Foundation
- New Philadelphia High School
- Newark Campus Development Fund
- Reynoldsburg High School eSTEM Robotics Team FRC 4085
- River Heritage Foundation, Inc.
- Rotary Foundation of Buchanan, Virginia, Inc.
- Rural Action, Inc.
- Sedona Grace Foundation
- Seeds of Caring
- Shadyside Athletic Boosters
- Southern Ohio Area Task Force On Domestic Violence
- South-Western City Schools
- St. Clairsville-Richland City Schools
- St. John United Church of Christ
- St. Michael Preschool
- Star House
- Stonewall Columbus, Inc.
- The Columbus Foundation: Fischer-Barreras Fund
- The King Arts Complex
- The Ohio State University
- The University of Akron Foundation
- The Works: Ohio Center of History, Art & Technology
- Union Local Diamond Sports
- United Negro College Fund, Inc.
- University of Cincinnati Foundation
- University of Dayton
- University of Findlay
- Upper Arlington High School FRC Bear Bots
- Upper Arlington Lutheran Church
- Upper Tennessee River Roundtable
- Urban Land Institute Columbus
- Walsh University
- Watkins Memorial High School Bionic Warriors
- Watkins Middle School
- Wilson Middle School PTA
- WorBots Robotics Booster Club
- Worthington Robotics Boosters - KMS
- Xavier University
- York Elementary
- Youngstown State University Foundation