The Appalachian Power family of more than 3,000 employees is committed to providing our customers with safe and reliable service. Our employees are also your friends and neighbors, and are dedicated to serving in your communities to enrich lives and make your neighborhoods better places to live and grow.
The AEP Foundation, upon APCO’s recommendation, made grants of $1.3 million in 2021 to support programs that improve education and help meet basic needs for shelter and food. Appalachian Power provided $440,000 in contributions in 2021 that helped support more than 70 local schools and community organizations.
In August when catastrophic flooding destroyed more than 20 homes in the small mountain town of Hurley, VA, our employees came together to help neighbors in need. Line crews replaced miles of power lines and more than 60 broken poles. Others gathered supplies needed to repair and rebuild, and the AEP Foundation provided $20,000 to start a disaster relief fund through the United Way of Southwest Virginia.
Throughout the year, employees also assisted at food pantries and held food drives, helped make the holidays brighter for children with toy drives, and worked every day in all our communities to make a difference in our own individual ways.
Our Appalachian Power family values the opportunity to serve and help make our communities a better place to live and work.
President and Chief Operating Officer
Organizations supported by Appalachian Power and/or the American Electric Power Foundation in 2021
- Dobyns-Bennett High School
- East Tennessee State University
- Feeding America NETN
- Johnson University
- King University
- Kingsport Chamber Bus Stop Safe Shelter Initiative
- Kingsport Chamber of Commerce - Santa Train
- American Heart Association
- Bedford Outdoor Sportsman Association
- Blacksburg High School
- Capitol Commission
- Carroll County High School
- CASA of Central Virginia
- Center for Rural Virginia
- Cleveland Life Saving Crew
- Cleveland Volunteer Fire Department
- Cool Branch Fire Company
- Dabney S. Lancaster Community College Educational Foundation, Inc.
- American Cancer Society Relay for Life - Marshall County
- Appalachia Service Project
- Augusta Levy Learning Center
- Beckley Dream Center, Inc.
- Big Green Scholarship Foundation, Inc.
- Black Diamond Girls Scouts
- Bluefield WV Economic Development Authority
- Buckskin Council Boy Scouts of America
- Catholic Charities Neighborhood Center
- Charleston Area Alliance
- Downtown Lynchburg Association
- Feeding America of Southwest Virginia
- Fieldale Fire and Rescue
- Friends of Southwest Virginia
- Gate City Frontier, Inc.
- Girl Scouts of VA Skyline
- Grace Network of Martinsville-Henry County
- HumanKind Early Head Start
- Invest Southwest VA
- Kids Square
- LEAD Virginia
- LIFT Fallon Park Community Clinic
- Lynchburg City Schools Education Foundation
- Lynchburg Daily Bread
- Martinsville-Henry County YMCA
- Mill Mountain Zoo
- National D-Day Memorial
- New College Institute FIRST Robotics Team 1262
- New River Clean Up
- New River Robotics Association
- New River Valley Agency on Aging
- Patrick County Community Food Bank
- PC Rocket Robotics, Inc.
- Radford University Foundation, Inc.
- Ridgeview High School
- Roanoke Higher Education Center
- Roanoke Valley Governors School for Science and Technology
- Russell County Schools
- Southwest Virginia Community College
- Taubman Museum
- The Conservation Fund
- The Education Foundation of the Virginia Chamber of Commerce
- Tri-Area Community Health
- United Way of Central Virginia, Inc.
- United Way of Southwest Virginia
- University of Lynchburg
- University of Virginia-Wise
- Virginia 4H Centers Capital Campaign
- Virginia Association for Parks
- Virginia Foundation for Independent Colleges
- Virginia Museum of History and Culture
- Virginia Public Access Project
- Virginia Tech Foundation, Inc.
- VMI Foundation, Inc.
- Charleston Boulevard Rod Run & Doo Wop
- Charleston Main Street
- Charleston Rotary
- City of Huntington
- Education Alliance
- Five Loaves & Two Fishes Food Bank, Inc.
- Hungry Lambs Food Initiative
- Huntington Area Development Council
- Huntington City Mission
- Jackson County Junior Fair
- Kanawha Valley Senior Services
- Kanawha Valley Soap Box Derby Association
- Leadership West Virginia, Inc.
- Marshall University Flight School
- Marshall University Foundation
- Mason County Fair, Inc.
- McDowell County Commission on Aging
- Mingo County House of Hope
- Moundsville Middle School
- National Youth Science Foundation
- Ohio Valley University
- Point Pleasant River Museum
- Red Cross
- Salvation Army
- Special Olympics West Virginia
- Trout Unlimited
- Tug Valley Recovery Shelter
- United Way of the River Cities, Inc.
- Wade Center
- Warm Hands from Warm Hearts (Center of Hope)
- Wellspring Pregnancy Center
- West Virginia Health Right
- West Virginia Hospicecare
- West Virginia Manufacturing Association
- West Virginia Symphony Orchestra
- Wheeling YMCA
- Winfield High School
- YWCA Charleston