Indiana Michigan Power
Indiana Michigan Power delivers electricity to more than 160 communities in 30 counties across Indiana and Michigan. However, our work goes further than keeping power flowing. From providing safety and educational programs for children, to donating food, clothes and toys to community organizations, to our employees caring for our customers’ well-being and the environment, it’s our priority to ensure a bright, safe future.
I&M is rooted in collaborating with the people and the communities we serve to enrich lives. That’s why in 2021, I&M provided more than $780,000 in support of local nonprofit organizations. Additionally, the AEP Foundation provided $2 million in grants across our service territory.
We supported many worthwhile efforts related to STEM education; hunger, housing and human need; racial and social justice; and community vitality. The AEP Foundation, upon I&M’s recommendation, made grants to start a first-of-its-kind partnership with the Ivy Tech Muncie Youth Empowerment Program to help minority students through educational programs and job placement; supported WNIT Michiana in launching its 24/7 children’s TV channel with quality education programs; and partnered with Junior Achievement of Northeast Indiana to educate 4,000 students on electrical safety.
Across I&M, employees worked closely with United Way locations in Indiana and southwest Michigan. I&M donated more than 12,500 LED bulbs to 12 Southwest Michigan service agencies to help customers conserve energy. I&M granted the wishes of more than 22 South Bend Community Schools teachers by purchasing books, specialized drills and headphones. Employees across our service area also participated in food, clothing and toy drives and volunteered in our schools, with nonprofit boards and at fairs and festivals.
Many in the business community are still struggling due to the COVID-19 pandemic, so we continue to work with local chambers of commerce and economic development organizations on business growth initiatives across Indiana and Michigan.
Our success as an organization is directly linked to the well-being of the communities we have the privilege to serve. We’re thankful to work alongside you as we light the way for a brighter future.
President and Chief Operating Officer
Indiana Michigan Power
Organizations supported by Indiana Michigan Power and/or the American Electric Power Foundation in 2021
- Adams County Economic Development Corporation
- American Legion Post 254
- Arbor Farms Nursery
- Ball State University Foundation
- Ball State University Foundation
- Ball State University Foundation - WIPB-TV
- Berne Chamber of Commerce
- Blackford County Economic Development Corporation
- Blue Jacket
- Boys & Girls Club of Fort Wayne, Inc.
- Berrien RESA
- Berrien Springs High School
- Berrien Springs Middle School
- Blossomtime Festival
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Benton Harbor
- Bridgman Foundation for Educational Excellence
- Buchanan City Fire Department
- Buchanan Community Schools MegaHurtz Robotics
- City of Bridgman
- City of Buchanan
- Career Academy South Bend
- Children's Nursery School at Peace United Church of Christ
- Chrisney Fall Fest Committee
- Chrisney Parks Board
- Christian Resource Center
- Christmas City Walkway of Lights
- City of New Haven
- DC Select Softball Program
- Decatur Chamber of Commerce
- DeKalb County Economic Development Partnership, Inc
- Downtown Fort Wayne Economic Improvement
- E3 Robotics Center
- Early Childhood Alliance Inc.
- Fort Wayne Allen County Airport Authority
- Fort Wayne Black Chamber of Commerce
- Fort Wayne Civic Theatre
- Fort Wayne Museum of Art
- Fort Wayne Philharmonic Orchestra, Inc.
- Fort Wayne Public Television PBS 39
- Friends of Spencer County CASA
- Grandview Civic Association
- Granger Exploration and Robotics Studio (GEARS)
- Grant County Economic Growth Council
- Greater Elkhart Chamber of Commerce, Inc.
- Greater Fort Wayne, Inc.
- Greater Indiana Clean Cities
- Huntingburg Youth Soccer League
- Indiana Chamber Foundation
- Indiana Chamber of Commerce
- Indiana Economic Development Foundation
- Indiana Energy Conference c/o Indiana Industrial Energy Consumers, Inc.
- Indiana Public Radio
- Indiana University Foundation
- Indiana Wesleyan University
- Ivy Tech Foundation, Inc.
- Jay County Development Corporation
- Junior Achievement of Northern Indiana, Inc.
- Junior Achievement of Southwestern Indiana, Inc.
- Kendallville Chamber of Commerce
- Lincoln Amphitheatre
- Lincoln Trail Elementary
- Luce Elementary School
- Manchester University
- Marion-Grant County Chamber of Commerce
- Marshall County EDC
- Martin Luther King Jr. Club, Inc.
- Mayor's Youth Advisory Council
- Military Veterans Resource Center
- Muncie Delaware County Chamber of Commerce
- Muncie Mission Ministries, Inc.
- New Allen Alliance, Inc.
- New Haven Chamber of Commerce
- New Prairie High School Robotics FRC Team 2197
- New Prairie Middle School
- Noble County Economic Development Corp
- Northeast Indiana Public Radio
- Northeast Indiana Regional Partnership
- Penn High School Robotics
- Perry County Memorial Hospital
- Potawatomi Zoological Society, Inc.
- Purdue Extension - Huntington County 4-H Robotics
- Purdue Research Foundation
- Rockport Elementary
- Rose Hulman Institute of Technology
- Saint Mary's College
- Santa Claus Museum & Village
- Santa Claus Volunteer Fire Department
- Science Central, Inc.
- South Bend Regional Chamber
- South Spencer High School
- South Spencer Youth League
- Spencer County Council on Aging
- Spencer County EMA
- Spencer County Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Steuben County Economic Development Corp.
- Success Through Mentoring
- Tell City High School
- The Indiana Legal Foundation, Inc.
- The South Bend Education Foundation
- Trine University
- Underground Safety Alliance
- University of Notre Dame
- Wells County Revitalization, Inc.
- Whitley County Economic Development Corporation
- WNIT Center for Public Media
- Cornerstone University
- Curious Kids Museum
- Eastern Michigan University Foundation
- Gogebic Community College Found
- Hillsdale College
- Historical Society of Michigan
- Lake Michigan College Foundation
- Lakeshore High School
- Lakeshore Middle School
- Market Van Buren
- Michigan Economic Development Foundation
- Michigan Manufacturers Association
- Michigan Technological University
- Michigan's Great Southwest
- Niles STEAM Room
- Regents of the University of Michigan
- Region IV Area Agency on Aging
- Southwest Michigan Chapter - American Red Cross
- St. Joseph County EDGE
- St. Joseph Today
- Three Rivers Area Chamber of Commerce
- United Way of Southwest Michigan
- Western Michigan University Foundation
- YMCA of Greater Michiana