Public Service Company of Oklahoma
Public service isn’t just our name at Public Service Company of Oklahoma. It’s a mission.
PSO is committed to enhancing our state’s social and economic well-being through community involvement, charitable giving, volunteerism and supporting economic development. Our 1,600 PSO team members statewide are making a positive difference in our world, our nation, our state and our hometowns.
In 2021, PSO donated $431,834 to more than 140 nonprofit organizations in Oklahoma. That included gifts to schools, arts organizations, economic development groups, social service agencies, libraries, and health organizations.
The company’s impact on Oklahoma during the year was magnified with donations from the AEP Foundation, including a $50,000 AEP Foundation social and racial justice grant to Youth Services of Tulsa, which will support the organization’s Transitions Program: Putting Youth on the Path to Self-Sufficiency. This is the only program in Tulsa solely addressing the issue of homelessness for those 17 to 24 years old by providing housing and skills needed to transition to self-sufficiency and permanent housing. 2021, the centennial of the Tulsa Race Massacre, also saw the opening of Greenwood Rising History Center, which will share the story and continued importance of Black Wall Street and the resilience of its people. Greenwood Rising was the recipient of AEP Foundation grants in 2019 and 2020 totaling $500,000.
Education is a critical focus of PSO’s efforts. In 2021, the AEP Foundation awarded $40,000 and PSO awarded another $21,500 to Oklahoma FFA Foundation to fund a wide range of programs and activities that are helping advance agricultural education, foster innovation and inspire success. Also, PSO announced a $50,000 AEP Foundation grant to help expose students at Atoka Public Schools to emerging technologies through STEM education. A $25,000 AEP Foundation grant to the General Tommy Franks Leadership Institute and Museum in Hobart will support a summer leadership academy for 70 top high school students. Teacher Vision Grants and FIRST robotics grants from AEP made a real difference in Oklahoma classrooms. In Tulsa, a five-year $250,000 AEP Foundation grant to Reading Partners, K-4th grade literacy and mentoring program, continues to make a difference in young lives. I was proud to lead the campaign on behalf of Tulsa Public Schools’ successful $414 million bond package, which will improve the lives of local students for a generation.
A $250,000 payment that is part of a multi-year $1.25 million AEP Foundation grant continued supporting programing at Gathering Place, Tulsa’s iconic 100-acre privately funded public park along the Arkansas River. The Explore & Imagine program at Gathering Place served more than 60,000 individuals and over 100 Title I schools in 2021.
During 2021, PSO and hundreds of our team members donated more than $274,000 to seven Oklahoma United Way efforts. Additionally, the AEP Foundation contributed more than $76,000. This year, I am honored to be the campaign chair for the Tulsa Area United Way, which supports 59 partner agencies.
Our efforts are getting noticed. For the ninth consecutive year, PSO was recognized as an outstanding employer for workforce diversity and inclusion by the Tulsa Regional Chamber’s Mosaic initiative. In 2021, PSO’s scores on the J.D. Power residential survey were higher than ever, and our business survey ratings were the region’s highest in our class. In both cases, high marks in corporate citizenship were key to the company’s success in the respected arbiter of customer satisfaction.
Whether it is sending crews across the nation to help people struck by national disasters or lending support to the Christmas parade, the PSO team is on the job.
Public service isn’t just our name. It’s the way we do business, and we are honored to serve Oklahoma.
President and Chief Operating Officer
Public Service Company of Oklahoma
Organizations supported by PSO and/or the American Electric Power Foundation in 2021
- Ability Resources
- Adair High School Robotics
- Adair Middle School Lego Team
- Aline-Cleo Public Schools
- Alva Independent School District
- American Heart Association
- American Legion Dale Peace Post 40
- Antlers Elementary
- Arts and Humanities Council of Tulsa
- ARTSOK, Inc.
- Life Senior Services
- Locust Grove Middle School Robotics
- Locust Grove Public Schools
- Major County Fair Board Foundation
- Martin Luther King Jr. Commemorative Society
- Memorial Junior High
- Oklahoma Academy for State Goals
- Oklahoma Center for Community and Justice
- Oklahoma Center for Nonprofits
- Oklahoma FFA Foundation, Inc.
- Atoka Elementary
- Bartlesville Community Foundation
- Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Bixby Educational Endowment Foundation
- Bixby Outreach Center
- Blaine County Livestock Boosters
- Boley Children's Christmas Gift Sponsor
- Boswell Fall Family Festival Sponsor
- Boys & Girls Club of Bartlesville-Dewey Project
- Boys and Girls Club of McAlester
- Broken Arrow Economic Development Council
- Broken Arrow High School
- Broken Arrow Historical Society
- Broken Arrow Public Schools Foundation
- C T Safety Team
- Caddo County Fair
- Caddo Kiowa Technology Center
- Cameron University Foundation, Inc.
- Chickasha Public Schools Robotics
- Chouteau-Mazie Public Schools
- City of Vinita Economic Development Institute Scholarship
- City Year Tulsa
- Community Health Connection
- Community Service Council of Greater Tulsa
- Custer County Junior Livestock Show
- Downtown Tulsa Partnership -Center of the Universe
- Duncan Area Economic Development Foundation
- Dustin Community Improvement Sponsor
- Environmental Federation of Oklahoma
- Epsilon Sigma Alpha Chapter
- Friends of the Library of McAlester
- Grand Lake Community Ministry, Inc.
- Great Plains Family YMCA
- Great Plains Technology Center Foundation, Inc.
- Green Country Workforce Board, Inc.
- Greenwood Cultural Center, Inc.
- Grove Education Foundation for Excellence
- Hitchita Community Infrastructure Project
- Hinton Elementary
- Hispanic American Foundation
- Hobart Public Schools
- Holiday in the Park-Lawton
- Hugo Area Chamber of Commerce
- Hugo Lions Club
- Hugo PRCA Committee
- Indian Health Care Resource
- Iron Gate Trust
- Jenks High School Robotics
- Keep Oklahoma Beautiful 2021
- Kendall Whittier, Inc.
- Ketchum Public Schools
- KI BOIS Community Action Foundation, Inc.
- Kiamichi Technology Center-Idabel
- Krebs Public Schools
- Krystal Day Program, Antlers, OK
- Lawton Fort Sill Economic Development Corporation
- Lawton Public Schools Foundation
- Leadership Oklahoma
- Leadership Tulsa
- Oklahoma Legisltive Black Caucus Foundation
- Oklahoma Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
- Oklahoma Manufacturing Alliance
- Oklahoma Southeast
- Oklahoma State University Foundation
- Oklahoma University Foundation
- Okmulgee Area Development Corporation
- Okmulgee Education Foundation
- Olustee-Eldorado Public Schools
- Oologah-Talala Schools
- Owasso Education Foundation
- Owasso OU Economic Development Institute Scholarship
- Parent Child Center of Tulsa, Inc.
- Pittsburg County Thanksgiving Dinner
- Primary South Elementary
- Rattan Elementary, Rattan, OK
- Ringwood Community Fair
- Rogers State University Foundation
- Salvation Army Lawton
- Sand Springs Education Foundation, Inc.
- Sapulpa Public School Foundation
- Sigma Oklahoma Foundation
- Signature Symphony at Tulsa Community College Foundation
- Sistema Tulsa at Boston Avenue UMC
- Stigler Industrial Park Sponsorship
- Sustainable Journalism Foundation
- Sustainable Tulsa, Inc.
- Talihina Economic Development Initiative
- The Bridges Foundation
- The Center for Individuals with Physical Challenges, Ltd.
- The Foundation for Tulsa Schools
- The Lawton Philharmonic Orchestra
- Tri County Technology Center Endowment Fund
- Tulsa Area United Way
- Tulsa Authority for Economic Opportunity
- Tulsa CASA, Inc.
- Tulsa Christmas Parade
- Tulsa Community Foundation-TAHRA Return of Inclusion
- Tulsa Community Foundation-Economic Empowerment Day
- Tulsa Day Center for the Homeless, Inc.
- Tulsa Global Alliance
- Tulsa Port of Catoosa
- Tulsa Public Schools-Wayman Tisdale "Club Friday"
- Tulsa Public Schools-Central HS Partners in Education
- Tulsa's Future, Inc
- Union Public School - Ubotics
- Union Schools Education Foundation
- United Way of Southwest Oklahoma
- University of Tulsa
- Up With Trees
- Vinita Day Center
- Vinita Friends of Route 66, Inc.
- Wayman Tisdale Fine Arts Academy
- Waymna Tisdale PTO
- Waynoka 4-H & FFA Boosters
- Weatherford Hospital Foundation
- Western Oklahoma Family Care Center, Inc.
- Woodward Community Foundation
- Young Womens Christian Association
- Youth Services of Tulsa, Inc.