Generating Currents of Change
We're committed to working with the communities we serve to advance equity for our employees, customers and neighbors of color. The American Electric Power Foundation created the Delivering on the Dream grant program to help dismantle systemic racism and prejudice, while prioritizing diversity, equity and inclusion. This five-year, $5 million initial investment funds organizations with programs dedicated to advancing social and racial justice in the communities we serve.
Delivering on the Dream Grant Recipients
- AppalReD Legal Aid (Ashland, KY)
- Boys & Girls Club in Texas (Austin, TX)
- CASA of Central Virginia (Lynchburg, VA)
- Our Lady of Guadalupe Center – Catholic Social Services (Columbus, OH)
- United Front in Ft. Wayne – The Community Foundation of Greater Fort Wayne (Fort Wayne, IN)
- Community Legal Aid Services Inc. (Canton, OH)
- The Delta Dental of Virginia Foundation (Virginia)
- Jarvis Christian College (Hawkins, TX)
- Roanoke Higher Education Center Foundation (Roanoke, VA)
- Rogers Development Foundation (Rogers, AR)
- Southern University at Shreveport Foundation (Shreveport, LA)
- Wiley College (Marshall, TX)
- YMCA of Central Ohio (Columbus, OH)
- Youth Services of Tulsa (Tulsa, OK)
- YWCA Columbus (Columbus, OH)
- YWCA Corpus Christi (Corpus Christi, TX)
- Zora’s House (Columbus, OH)
YWCA Columbus Launches Center for Racial Equity
With the help of the Delivering on the Dream grant, the YWCA Columbus created the American Electric Power Foundation Center for Racial Equity to advance education, civic engagement and advocacy.
SUSLA Prepares Next Generation of STEM Professionals
The Southern University at Shreveport Louisiana (SUSLA) makes access to STEM education more fair for everyone with the support of the Delivering on the Dream Grant.