We're Here for You American Electric Power is committed to the health and safety of our customers, communities and employees as we closely monitor the COVID-19 pandemic. Learn more×
We'll move forward together
As we begin to recover from the effects of COVID-19, we’re here to help you renew and restart, so when your doors swing open you’ll stand strong. Whether you’re a sole proprietor or employ scores of colleagues, we can help find the right AEP payment assistance plan and guide you to the programs offered by the Small Business Administration that fit your needs.
See the programs below or call one of our regional Business Solutions Centers:
Coronavirus Relief for Small Businesses
The federal government offers relief to businesses hurt by the coronavirus pandemic. Provided through organizations like the Small Business Administration (SBA), these programs help maintain your operations.
Small Business Administration (SBA)
- Economic Injury Disaster Loans – low interest loans for small businesses and nonprofits experiencing a temporary loss of revenue.
- Express Bridge Loans – small businesses who have a business relationship with an SBA Express Lender can access up to $25,000 quickly.
- SBA Debt Relief – financial reprieve to small businesses with SBA 7(a), 504, and microloans.
- Paycheck Protection Program – loans that offered up to 100% forgiveness to qualified applicants. Program closed on August 8, 2020; forgiveness applications should be submitted to lenders after the 24 week covered period.
- Federal Reserve Main Street Lending Program – financing to small and medium-sized businesses through bank loans supported by the federal government.
- Internal Revenue Service – information on available employer tax credits and other tax relief.
- Small Business Development Centers (SBDC) – no-cost business consulting and low-cost training for small businesses and entrepreneurs.
- SCORE – mentoring and educational resources for small businesses and entrepreneurs.
- Export-Import Bank of the United States (EXIM) – relief measures include flexibility for its working capital loan guarantee and export credit insurance programs.
- Department of Agriculture – loan guarantees for rural businesses.
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce – extensive resources and relief information for small businesses.
- KIVA Crowdsourced Loans
- Mainvest Crowdsourced Loans
- WeFunder Crowdsourced Emergency Loans
- Salesforce Care Small Business Grants
- Facebook Small Business Grants Program
State and Local Resources
Help may be available through your state or local agencies. Select an operating company to see regional information on COVID-19.