We're Here for You American Electric Power is committed to the health and safety of our customers, communities and employees as we closely monitor the COVID-19 pandemic. Learn more×
Diversity & Inclusion
You bring distinct skills and insights to AEP based on all of your characteristics, talents and life experience.
Our diversity initiatives include education programs, diversity-related events and activities, Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and more – all designed to attract and retain a diverse mix of employees. AEP's Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) provide a wide range of communities where you can connect with other employees who share your interest in a common aspect of diversity. Find your group(s), get involved and help us make a difference!
Diversity makes us stronger and, together, we manifest AEP’s values and goals.
Employee Resource Groups
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) support AEP’s goals by providing a way to exchange new ideas to build awareness, respect and inclusiveness in the workplace. They sponsor a variety of events that strengthen communication and make AEP a respected and desirable place to work.
ERGs at AEP
- Abled and Disabled Allies Partnering Together (ADAPT)
- African-American Employee Resource Group (AAERG)
- Asian-American Employee Partnership (AAEP)
- Hispanic Origin Latin American (HOLA) Employee Resource Group
- Military Veteran Employee Resource Group
- Native American Employee Resource Group (NAERG)
- Pride Partnership