We're Here for You American Electric Power is committed to the health and safety of our customers, communities and employees as we closely monitor the COVID-19 pandemic. Learn more×
Employment Test Prep
Depending on the job you apply for, you may be asked to complete an employment test. To help you succeed, we offer a variety of tools developed in partnership with Edison Electric Institute, including test tips and practice tests. Additionally, you can use an interactive resource called Skillbuilders to get a realistic view of the work performed in electric energy jobs.
* Preparation tools are available for only some of the tests.
User ID: aep
You must have cookies enabled in your browser
We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. In keeping with this commitment, we strive to ensure that our online application process is accessible to everyone.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who has an accommodation request, please:
- Call us at 1-877-363-5148
- State the reason for your call
- Include in your message the "Auto Req. ID" number found on the Job Details page of the position you’re applying for
If you have a locked account or trouble resetting your password, email us at HRISRecruitHelp@aep.com.
- We do not accept emailed resumes. We only consider resumes submitted as part of the online application process.
- We do not respond to general emails about openings. We provide all openings online and offer search tools to help you find the right job.